Based in Melbourne, Australia
9 April, 2017
Google Play Store
Scrambler (Android) was released in April 2017 and quickly turned heads, attracting mostly 5-star reviews with comments such as "Awesome", "Top arcade game", and "controls are awesome". A great deal of time was spent on two areas of the code to make Scrambler one of the best playing arcade games on mobile. Firstly, the player control via the touch-screen interface - games which normally require a joystick are inherently difficult to implement well. Secondly, making the game run at 60 FPS - this was particularly difficult for larger displays, typically the 2560+ pixel-wide screens. This was achieved in part by formatting the map data in such a way that minimised screen writes. All in all a great deal of effort was made to make the gameplay the best as it could possibly be, and a nod to the 80s arcade games that Scrambler is obviously trying to give homage to.
- Retro graphics and sounds, free lives at unlimited score points, continues, high scores
- Supports Bluetooth gamepads
- Two touchscreen player control methods; relative-touch and virtual joystick
- Extra features in the upper levels for challenging those who can make it there
- Google Play Games: Leaderboards and Achievements
- Coded brilliantly for Android; for a fast, smooth-action experience - essential for arcade games
Shorter Trailer used on FB YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Classic Shoot ‘Em Up Homage Scrambler Zooms Onto Android"
- Craig Forshey, Super Game Droid
- "Exclusive: Game Boy Specialist Crawfish Interactive Is Back From The Dead, Kind Of"
- Damien McFerran, NintendoLife
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Chrawfish Interactive
Chrawfish Interactive is an independent game development studio based in Melbourne, Australia. The micro-studio is headed up by veteran programmer Cameron Sheppard (Mortal Kombat 2 Game Boy, Bust-a-move 2 and 3 Game Boy) who also founded Crawfish Interactive (1997-2002). Chrawfish’s first title Scrambler (Android) was released in April 2017 and quickly turned heads with its retro graphics, sound effects, and old-school gameplay. Please go to the the Scrambler Press Kit for much more information, for now.
More information on Chrawfish Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Scrambler (Android) Credits